Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Prayer Passport

What do you do at 2 AM when you can’t sleep?? I pray. Last night there was no pain involved, just an inability to fall asleep after snoozing a bit in front of the TV.  After reading a bit with no success, I turned off the light and started to pray.

At first, I only prayed for family and close friends, but still sleep did not find me. I guess because I like to travel and at this point, it looks like I won’t be traveling too much this year, I found myself traveling to the four corners of the world in my mind. While traveling around the world, I prayed for my friends who are living and serving the Lord around the world.

Last night, I received the following stamps in my prayer passport – Japan, Ukraine, Iraq, Germany, and South Africa. And the best part …. no jet lag!!!

My thoughts and prayers then turned to my own corner of the world. I prayed for other things like my church, requests from my choir family, and other needs that I was aware of.

When I was done praying, God allowed me to fall asleep.

Tonight, I’m going to start earlier. I’m going to print a world map from my computer and I’m going to put a dot on each country where I personally know people serving the Lord. Then, I’m going to list all the other things that need prayer. And then, I'm going to put my jammies on, get into bed and travel the world in my prayers.

I want more stamps in my prayer passport!!!

Do you have a “prayer passport”??? Is it stamped regularly???


“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14


Only by His strength,
Sandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment